Asian Paints India Ltd
Asian Paints is the third largest paint company of Asia, established in 1942. Four friends, Champaklal H. Choksey, Chimanlal N. Choksi, Suryakant C. Dani and Arvind R. Vakil, got together
to manufacture paint in a garage of Mumbai and named it 'The Asian Oil & Paint Company' and today it has emerged to be Asian Paints India Ltd, one of the leading paint company of not only India but that of the world.
Currently, it operates in around 17 countries with different names, like Asian Paints in South Asia, SCIB Paints in Egypt, Berger in South-East Asia, Middle-East and Caribbean and Apco Coatings & Taubmans in South-Pacific.
Asian Paints Ltd. manufactures a wide range of paints:
- Ancillaries like primers, filers stainers etc.
- Paints for automotives.
- Decorative paints and acrylic emulsions/ distempers for exterior walls, interior walls, metal surfaces and wood surfaces.
- Floor coatings, protective coatings, powder coatings and road markings for industrial use.
It has 23 manufacturing plants in the 17 countries, in which it is operating. While out of those 23 manufacturing units 9 are located in India in the following places:
- Bhandup, Maharashtra
- Ankleshwar, Gujarat
- Patancheru, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu
- Rohtak, Haryana
- Sarigam, Gujarat
- Baddi, Himachal Pradesh
- Taloja, Maharashtra
Some Facts about Asian Paints:
- Asian Paints was ranked among 200 Best small companies in the world for 2002 and 2003 and was presented as the 'Best under a Billion Award' by Forbes Global Magazine;
- In Feb 2001, Asian Paints was also awarded as the Ninth Best Player in India by the leading magazine called India Today;
- Asian Paints was ranked as the Fourth most admired company across industries in India in a survey conducted by 'Economic Times' in January 2000;
arter in 2005.
Asian Paints India ltd. has its presence in:
Careers with Asian Paints India ltd.
Asian Paints believes in continuous learning and provides ample space to its employees to excel, grow and evolve an individual identity in the company through distinguished performance. It looks forward to employ the job seekers with following attributes:
- Having interpersonal effectiveness.
- Able to work according the business perspective.
- Oriented to achieve.
- Efficient in planning and analysis.
- Customer Service Orientation.
- Capable to work in team.
Through the LEAP Programme and Summer training, Asian Paints aims to conduct campus placements to hire talented and dynamic freshers in the various fields:
The Qualifications and Attributes required in a candidate for various fields are:
1. Commercial Professionals
For the posts like Finance Manager, Accounts Manager, Legal Manager and Audit/ Tax/ Excise Manager at the entry level. The higher level posts in this department are that of Senior, Chief and General Manager for the same functions.
2. Information Technology
Manager Communication & New Technology Group and Manager application System are the main posts in this division.
3. Sales And Marketing
Candidate must be an MBA-Marketing
Must be an Indian citizen or hold relevant residence status
Manager Technology at the entry level follows a career path of a Senior Product Development Manager, Chief Plant Development/ Technical Support Manager, General Manager in Paints and then the Vice-President Technology.
Project Managers, Environmental Engineers and Mechanical Designers can look out for a great career in this department of Asian Paints.
6.Sales & Marketing
For an FMCG like Asian Paints, product promoting strategies made by marketing and sales division are really important to work well. Sales and Marketing Department looks out for vibrant and exciting professionals for the posts of Brand Managers, Retail Managers, Marketing Managers and Sales Managers.
7.Supply Chain Management
This department looks out for Manufacturing/Quality, Purchase, Distribution and Planning Managers to develop intense distributional network across the country.
Plant Personnel, Corporate HR, DBU and GBU HR are the main designations of the HR department in Asian Paints.
Asian Paints Limited
Asian Paints House
Mumbai - 400 055.
Tel: 022 - 3981 8000
Fax: 022 - 3981 8888
Asian Paints Helpline: 1800 - 209 - 5678