- Highly skilled human resource
- Low wage structure
- Quality of work
- Initiatives taken by the Government (setting up Hi-Tech Parks and implementation of e-governance projects)
- Many global players have set-up operations in India like Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe, etc.
- Following Quality Standards such as ISO 9000, SEI CMM etc.
- English-speaking professionals
- Cost competitiveness
- Quality telecommunications infrastructure
- Indian time zone (24 x 7 services to the global customers). Time difference between India and America is approximately 12 hours, which is beneficial for outsourcing of work.
Absence of practical knowledge
Dearth of suitable candidates
Less Research and Development
Contribution of IT sector to India 's GDP is still rather small.
Employee salaries in IT sector are increasing tremendously. Low wages benefit will soon come to an end.