Wipro has increased the fixed component of their salary. The increment for the top performers is higher than the average. Their hike in the salary is 9% this year. The increment for the professionals with specialized skills is more than the average.
- The demand for talented insurance professionals has been increasing as the penetration of FDI and insurance going up.
- Ratan Tata has acquired stake in Kaaryah, a fashion portal for women’s wear.
- Vedanta Ltd has acquired 4.98 stake in Cairn India for $315 million.
Wipro provides package implementation and maintenance, information systems outsourcing, application development, IT solutions, R&D services, system integration to many corporations.
Wipro is the:
- First People Capability Maturity Level (PCMM) Level 5 and SEI CMM ( Software Engineering Institute, Capability Maturity Level) Level 5 certified IT Company in the world
- First company to adopt Six Sigma in India
- First Indian Company to win Dale Carnegie ‘Global Leadership Award’
Wipro has the credit of Launching ‘Bharat PC’, which is used in adverse conditions in semi-urban and rural areas.
Chairman, CEO, and Managing Director: Azim H. Premji
Revenue: Rs. 39.79 billion
Employees: 66,176 employees (49,313 in IT Services & Products business and 16,863 in BPO Services business). Also, Wipro plans to hire 14,000 freshers in the year 2007.
No of Clients: 592
Development Centers Worldwide: 46
Divisions of Wipro:
Wipro Technologies- Wipro Technologies have 20 offices worldwide. It provides:
- Services for Business Transformation and Product Realization
- Complete Solutions for the Service Provider Market
Wipro Infotech-Wipro Infotech provides its customers with:
- High Value Information Technology Solutions
- Services and Platforms in India
Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting- It is the FMCG division of Wipro Limited. It has products like:
- Wipro Shikakai
- Wipro Active
- Wipro Baby Soft
Wipro Infrastructure Engineering- Earlier it was known as Wipro Fluid Power. It’s the leader of the Hydraulic Cylinders and Truck Tipping Systems markets in India. Wipro Fluid Power is growing its business by capitalizing on its prevailing market share in India.
Wipro GE Medical Systems Limited- It is a joint venture between Wipro and General Electric Company. It is India’s largest exporter of medical systems and is the market leader. It provides services to the entire South Asia. Wipro GE is also the leader in manufacturing the Ultrasound and Computed Tomography systems in India.
Industries Served: Aerospace, Defense & Satellite, Automotive Electronics/IT, Computing Peripherals/Consumer Electronics, Energy, Finance, Health, Science, Insurance, Distribution, Manufacturing, Media & Entertainment, Mobile Devices, Retail, Semiconductors, Software Products, Storage Technologies, Telecom Equipment Vendors/Service Providers, Travel & Transport, Utilities, etc.
Services Offered: Application Development & Maintenance/ Performance Management Support, B2E/ BPM, Broadband, BPO, Infrastructure, Industrial Automation, Multimedia, SCM, CRM/ ERP, Data Warehousing, e-Business, Enterprise Application Services/ Security, e-procurement & B2B, Gateways, System Integration/ Design, Network Management, Testing Services, Package Implementation, Process Consulting, Space Communications, Optical Networks, USB & Ethernet, Voice Networks, Web Services, Wireless Networks/LAN
|Particulars||Rs in million|
|Reported PAT (Profit after tax)||7389|
Doddakannelli, Sarjapur Road,
STD Code: 080 Tel: 28440011
- Wipro GE Healthcare has rolled out Computed Tomography designed and developed in India. The targeted market of the company is semi urban market of India to provide them healthcare services with this.
- Wipro Won a contract from T-Mobile: Wipro won the contract from T-Mobile to provide application and infrastructure services. T-Mobile is the Poland based company. Wipro will work on legacy application consolidation and rationalization of T-Mobile.
- Wipro is planning to buy UK based outsourcing group Equiniti. This deal valued for Rs 9,900 crore. Equiniti is one of the largest business process outsourcing firm in UK.
- The salary of Wipro’s employees has been hiked by 7% on an average, which will be in effect from 1st June. Last year hike in Wipro was 6% to 8%. The global HR head of Wipro, Saurabh Govil announced the news of hike in the salary. Click here to know more