The Government of India established the Gas Authority of India Limited in August 1984. The core product offerings of GAIL include:
- Natural gas
- LPG and allied products
- Retail gas
Net financial turnover for the year 2003-04 was Rs 11942 Crores (US $ 2.6 billion) and net profit was Rs 1869 Crores (US $ 4.6 million).
GAIL is the owner and operator of:
- India’s largest Gas Transmission Networks (4600 km pipelines)
- World’s longest exclusive LPG pipeline (1269 km)
- Seven Gas Processing Facilities
- India’s largest gas-based Petrochemicals Complex
- Optic Fiber Cable Network of more than 8,000 km
GAIL was awarded the ‘Quality Excellence Award, 2007′ by the Quality Council of India.
GAIL has a separate Human Resource Department for taking care of its ‘human assets’.
GAIL CORPORATE OFFICE:
GAIL (India) Limited
16, Bhikaiji Cama Place
New Delhi – 110 066
Tel: 91 -11- 26172580, 26182955
Fax: 91 -11- 26185941
website: www.gailonline.com – See more at: http://www.naukrihub.com/india/mining/top-companies/gail/#sthash.f4khJxcA.dpuf