Characteristics Of Collective Bargaining
- It is a group process, wherein one group, representing the employers, and the other, representing the employees, sit together to negotiate terms of employment.
- Negotiations form an important aspect of the process of collective bargaining i.e., there is considerable scope for discussion, compromise or mutual give and take in collective bargaining.
- Collective bargaining is a formalized process by which employers and independent trade unions negotiate terms and conditions of employment and the ways in which certain employment-related issues are to be regulated at national, organizational and workplace levels.
- Collective bargaining is a process in the sense that it consists of a number of steps. It begins with the presentation of the charter of demands and ends with reaching an agreement, which would serve as the basic law governing labor management relations over a period of time in an enterprise. Moreover, it is flexible process and not fixed or static. Mutual trust and understanding serve as the by products of harmonious relations between the two parties.
- It a bipartite process. This means there are always two parties involved in the process of collective bargaining. The negotiations generally take place between the employees and the management. It is a form of participation.
- Collective bargaining is a complementary process i.e. each party needs something that the other party has; labor can increase productivity and management can pay better for their efforts.
- Collective bargaining tends to improve the relations between workers and the union on the one hand and the employer on the other.
- Collective Bargaining is continuous process. It enables industrial democracy to be effective. It uses cooperation and consensus for settling disputes rather than conflict and confrontation.
- Collective bargaining takes into account day to day changes, policies, potentialities, capacities and interests.
- It is a political activity frequently undertaken by professional negotiators.
This website is up for sale at $50,000.00. Please contact 9811053538 for further details