Andhra Pradesh, one of the most developed states in India thriving mainly on its agricultural bounty has a host of government jobs in the offing for its people. The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission is the chief governing body leading both the selection and promotion processes in the government departments. Let us find out more about government job opportunities in the state.
Scope of Government Jobs in Andhra Pradesh
Agriculture and Co-operation
With the agricultural economy sustaining the major workforce in the state, jobs can be found in its major departments like
- Marketing of agricultural output
Power generation, limestone reserves and irrigation sectors generate job opportunities in a major way—while some of them are public sector undertakings others are central government establishments.
Information Technology and Communication Department with key responsibilities like:
- Promotion of Investment in IT sector
- Formulation of IT policies within Andhra Pradesh
- Promotion of internet usage in villages
Other departments like Education, Irrigation, Railways, Armed Forces, Police services, Law, social welfare, Planning are some of the areas where you can try your chances.
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)
APPSC is the main recruiting authority for recruiting in various government departments. It is responsible for designing and updating examination structures for civil services as well as for conducting departmental tests and dealing with promotions of civil servants. Following are some of the posts by the Andhra Pradesh PSC:
- Technical Assts. in A.P. mining Sub-service
- Dist. Probation Officers (Grade-II) in A.P. Juvenile Welfare & Correctional Sub-service
- Port Officers in A.P. Ports Service
- Technical Assts. (Geophysics) in A.P. Ground Water Sub-service
- Tech. Assts. (Hydrology) in A.P. Ground Water Sub-service
- Divisional Accounts Officers (Works) Grade-II in A.P. Works Accounts Service
- Asst. Architectural Draughtsman and Surveyors in A.P. Town Planning Sub-service
- Jr. Scientific Officers in A.P. Drugs Control Administration Service
- Deputy Superintendents of Police (Communications) in A.P. Police
- Jr. Analyst in A.P. Drugs Control Administration Sub-service
- Jr. Analyst in Institute of Preventive Medicine, Health Laboratories and Food (Health) Administration Sub-service
- Lecturers in Govt. Degree Colleges in A.P. Collegiate Education Service
- Junior Stenographer
- Assistant Statistical Officers in A.P. Economics and statistical sub-service
- Junior Analyst in the Institute of Preventive Medicine, health laboratories and food (health) administration sub-services
- Lecturer in Government Degree Colleges in A.P. Collegiate Education Service
- Lecturer in Govt. Polytechnic Colleges
Andhra Pradesh Government Jobs- Salaries
Let us try to form an idea about the current salaries in prominent government jobs by looking at the job posts by the state government:
Traineeships at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati with salaries of INR 5000 per month
Orthopaedics, Senior Medical Officer at Visakhapatnam Port Trust with a pay scale of INR 26500- INR 46500
Vikrama Simhapuri University, Professor with a pay scale of INR 37,400 – INR 67,000 plus 10000 (AGP)
Security Guard at Reserve Bank of India, Andhra Pradesh – INR 6350 (starting salary) as well as ASP INR 170 per mensem in the scale of
INR 6350-220-7230-260-8010-300-8910-400-9710-500-11710-680-13750 for 20 years
Document Assistant or Field Assistant in CCIL or Cotton Corporation of India Ltd with salaries of INR 9000 per month
Associate Professor in Vikrama Simhapuri University with salaries of INR 37,400 – INR 67, 000 and AGP 9000 as well
Graduate Operational Trainee at Uranium Corporation of India Limited (Andhra Pradesh) with salary around INR 11510 or more plus other permissible allowances
*Information regarding salaries have been mostly sourced from job posts (some of which have expired as well) so as to provide you a glimpse of how much you can earn in your respective fields. However, the site does not vouch for the authenticity of these job posts and will not be responsible for any discrepancy in this matter whatsoever
How to look for Job Vacancies in the Andhra Pradesh Government?
Look up the different sites like naukrihub.com or sarkari-naukri.in
Details of the vacancies are provided in the official website of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission apspsc.gov.in
Below are listed latest government jobs in AP
Latest Government Jobs in Andhra Prasdhesh
Other government jobs in Andhra Pradesh
Apart from the previously listed PSC jobs, some of the other Andhra Pradesh government jobs are mentioned below:
- Assistant Engineer in Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh Limited: The jobs are available in the disciplines of Electrical and Telecommunication.
- Trainee Assistant Engineers in Andhra Pradesh Generation Corporation Limited: Jobs are available to students of electrical, mechanical, electronics, and civil.
- Sub Engineer in Andhra Pradesh Southern Power Distribution Company Limited (APSPDCL): Eligibility requires degree or diploma in electrical engineering.
- Stenographer in National Institute of Plant Health Management: Applicants must possess bachelor’s degree from a renowned university.
- Scientific Officer in National Institute of Plant Health Management: Postgraduate or doctoral in agricultural science.
- Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences
- Draughtsman, Mine Mate, and Assistant Surveyors in Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation
- Manager in Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation (APMDC) – The candidate requires bachelor’s degree or diploma in mining engineering
- Librarians through the recruitment examination conducted by the Public Service Commission