INDIAN ARMY RECRUITMENT
Working with the Indian Army, one of the largest and the finest in the world is not just a career; itís a challenge to serve the nation, an opportunity to be trained in the hi-technology
arena and a noble approach to be disciplined, civilized and cultured. The Indian Army recruits, trains and absorbs Indian citizens for various posts in both the officer and other ranks.
For officers, the Army recruits on Permanent Commission (absorption till retirement) and Short Service Commission (for a tenure of 5 years) basis. Candidates have to qualify the tests for National Defence Academy (NDA) or the Indian Military Academy (IMA) to join Army as permanent commission.
Candidates who join the Army as Short Service Commission are engaged for tenure of 5 years; however they have the option to continue as permanent commission, if they desire to continue their service further.
Candidates who have passed their class 12 of the 10+2 system of education or equivalent and are within the age group of 161/2 to 19 years are eligible for NDA examination followed by SSB interview. Advertisements are notified twice a year during March/April and October/November by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
| Latest Army/Military Jobs in India
For entry in Indian Army through IMA, candidates have the option of Direct Entry, Engineering Graduate Entry, University entry Scheme and 10+2 PCM (Technical) Entry scheme.
- Any candidate having a graduation degree, falling under the age group of 19 to 24 years is eligible for Direct entry by appearing the Combined Defence Service Examination (CDSE) followed by an SSB interview conducted by UPSC.
- Engineering graduates may apply to Additional Directorate General of Recruiting (TGC), Army HQ, West Block III, RK Puram, New Delhi - 110066 for direct SSB interview for Engineering Entry.
- For University Entry Scheme which is commenced in the month of July each year, the applicant should be in the final or pre-final year of an engineering degree course and qualify the campus interview and SSB interview.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 with aggregate marks and are between 161/2 and 191/2 years of age are eligible for 10+2 PCM (Technical) Entry. The candidates should apply directly to the Recruitment Directorate through mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Indian Army also recruits women in the Officer cadre under its special recruitment scheme for women. Indian women, who have done graduations and post-graduation, wishing to be an Army Officer may apply for the Short Service Commission. The applications will be first of all screened by the Recruiting Directorate of the Army Headquarters and the candidates are allowed to appear the SSB test. Selected candidates are trained at the officer Training Academy (OTA), Chennai.
The Director General of the Armed forces Medical services conducts an all India competitive exam for recruitment of Regular Commissioned /Short Service Commissioned Medical Officers from the graduates /Post graduates of Civil Medical Colleges. Selected candidates undergo training and education from the Armed Forces medical College (AFMC), Pune and after the successful completion of the course; the graduates are inducted in the Army as permanent Commissioned Medical officers in the Armed Forces.
Recruitment in Indian Army for ranks other than officers such as Non-Commissioned ranks and Jawans is conducted through the Branch Recruiting Offices (BRO) and Head Quarter Recruiting Zones. The dates of the recruitment rallies are notified in all the leading local news papers of the respective location and also in the Employment News. The candidates may contact their respective BROs and Zonal Offices for the date of rally and report to the recruiting Officer along with their relevant certificates, mark sheets, documents and six copies of latest photographs. For various locations of BROs and Zonal Offices across the country, candidates may log on to RECRUITMENT LOCATIONSsection of the official web site of Indian Army.
The recruitment procedure follows a series of procedures such as;
- Checking of documents.
- Physical measurements.
- Physical fitness test.
- Medical examination.
- Written examination.
- Preparation of merit list.
- Enrollment and Dispatch of selected candidates in order of merit to Centres.
The test is comprised of both written test and physical and medical fitness test. The Common Entrance Examination (CEE) conducted on last Sundays of each month for recruitment of Soldiers consists of the following two papers;
For the eligibility criteria such as educational qualification, age, medical, physical fitness and syllabus of written examination, candidates get detailed information from the ELIGIBILITY section of the website.
- Paper-I - Compulsory for all soldier categories
- Paper-II - For Sol. Technical, Sol. ClK (GD/SKT) and Sol. Nursing Assistant.
For more information interested candidates are advised to visit the official website JOININIDANARMY.