The vibrant city of Bangalore primarily known for its IT and ITES industry has also a fair share of government jobs in the offing for those who are eager to grab a Sarkari Naukri as the token of security.
Scope of Government Jobs in Bangalore
There is no dearth of opportunities for aspirants in the city with career opportunities ranging from health, engineering, railways, electronics, research, education, stenography, poverty alleviation, property tax, livelihood expert etc. Before focusing on the salaries offered by different government institutions here, let us find out a bit about the leading government bodies providing job opportunities to the city’s youth:
BRUHAT BANGALORE MAHANAGAR PALIKA (BBMP)
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
- Bharat Heavy Electricals
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL)
- Indian Space Research Organization
- Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board
- BEML or Bharat Earth Movers Limited
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics
- Krishna Bhagya Jala Nigam Ltd
- Centre for soft Matter Research
Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagar Palika (BBMP) is the governing body in the city of Bangalore which is responsible for all the development and administration related activities in the city. BBMP works very efficiently by facilitating the use of the Internet for all of its service accomplishment. The council has option for filing Grievance Redressal, Birth Certification, Building Plan Approval and Property Tax online. It has initiated several citizen Friendly Schemes, Health Services, Engineering Services and Tender Facilitation. The council notifies all its job related advertisements in its CAREER section of the website.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH AND NEURO SCIENCES (NIMHANS)
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) is the leading institution in India that runs various advanced programs in the area of services, training and research to develop biological, behavioral and basic sciences in the relation to the brain-mind-behavior-axis. The institute operates a number of departments that include; Biophysics, Biostatistics, Clinical Psychology, Epidemiology, Human Genetics, Mental Health Education, Psychopharmacology and Speech Pathology and Audiology. The institute also offers various diploma, Ph. D and specialized courses. The institute offers several jobs in its departments to fill up candidates in various levels. Interested candidates may visit the link provided to view the positions offered.
NATIONAL TUBERCULOSIS INSTITUTE (NIT)
The NATIONAL TUBERCULOSIS INSTITUTE (NIT), designated as World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centre for Tuberculosis (TB) research and training is situated at Bangalore. The institute organizes training activities in TB control for medical and paramedical personnel, in policies and Procedures set up by the WHO-recommended DOTS strategy. It also monitors and supervises TB Control programme in the entire country along with coordinating and executing TB research in epidemiology, surveillance of drug resistance and operations of control strategies relevant to regional and national programme delivery. The institute recruits candidates for various positions in its departments as Bacteriologists, Medical Officers, and Microbiologists etc. Candidates can access the job information from the official website of the institute.
BANGALORE WATER SUPPLY & SEWRAGE BOARD (BWSSB)
The Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB) is the primary source to provide drinking water to the residents of Bangalore. The board is responsible for supplying filtered water, maintaining equitable water distribution in the city and metering of water connections. BWSSB is implementing various projects to meet the growing water demand of Bangalore, which include; Infrastructure Mapping, Recycling Treatment Plants and Remodeling & Rehabilitation. The board has started a noble initiative to harvest the rain water for sustainable water use. The link provided above connects you directly to the career page of BWSSB that gives information regarding job jobs available with the board.
Government Jobs in Bangalore- Salaries
Let us now concentrate on the latest trends in salaries of the different government institutions of Bangalore:-
*The recent job posts (some of which no longer exist) by the government bodies in Bangalore from time to time have aided us in drawing up the aforementioned list of the recent salaries in the offing. However they may change with time or differ with varying levels of similar profiles. Additionally the site does not vouch for the authenticity of the vacancies posted above.
- Wg. Group B Clerk cum typist at BEML Limited with a Pay Scale of INR 7000-20000
- Hindi Data entry Operator at National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences with proposed Pay Scale of INR 11,000 per month
- Grade II Engineers or officers at BEML Limited with a Pay Scale of INR 16400-40500
- Project Consultants at National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore with a salary range of INR 20,000 – INR 60,000 each month
- Grade III Assistant Mangers at BEML Limited with a Pay Scale of INR 20600-46500
- Junior Officers at Can Fin Homes Ltd on contractual basis with salaries of INR 15,200 each month for the first year and INR 18,000 each month and INR 23,000 each month for the second and third year respectively if contract is renewed.
- General Managers on contracts at HAL or Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd with a Pay Scale of INR 20600-46500
- District Judges in High Court of Karnataka with Pay Scale of INR 51550-1230-58930-1380-63070
- Grade I Assistant Officers or Assistant Engineers with a Pay Scale of INR 12600-32500
- Junior System Administrator at Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine with a Grade Pay of INR 4200 and salary of INR 9300-34800 in Pay Band 2
- Senior Administrative Officer at Aeronautical Development Agency with a Pay Scale of INR 15600-39100 and Grade Pay of INR 6600 under Pay Band 3
- Junior Stenographer at Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum, Bangalore with Grade Pay of INR 2,400, Pay Scale of INR 5200-20200—allowances as per government norms, are granted.