The largest state of India, occupying for about 10.40 per cent of the its total area, Rajasthan has several job offers in store for its people. The presence of both State and Central government establishments ensures that the availability of government jobs is aplenty. It would be useful to mention here that two Central bodies are in charge of the entire process of recruitment in the government establishments.
Gathering and distribution of information, execution of job schemes and Employment Exchange provisions are all overseen by the Employment Department. The Rajasthan Public Service Commission is in charge of notifications regarding job vacancies, examinations and selection procedures.
Similar to other states, government jobs in Rajasthan are also known for their benefits including sufficient leaves, lucrative compensation package, job security and non-hectic schedules.
The eligibility criteria usually differ from one department to the other. For example, if you are applying for a job in Rajasthan Transport Service, then you will have to appear for RAS examination, conducted by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission. Besides, conducting examination for the transport department, RPSC also conducts examinations for other government departments. In general, candidates who have attained at least 50% at their graduation level can apply for jobs in the various government departments. However, there are some government departments who follow a stringent selection pattern and recruit only those professionals who have secured a first class at their graduate level.
Similar to the eligibility criteria, the educational requirement also differs from one job profile to the other. But then, in most cases, the departments look for graduation as minimum criteria and shortlist the candidates based on the same. But then, if the job profile is for some lower designation, then even those who have completed their higher secondary education can apply. Similarly, government sector in Rajasthan also invites applications from post-graduate or doctoral student depending on the job profile. For example, if you are applying for the post of a professor in any government college, then the desired degree would preferably be a doctoral degree.
Scope of Government jobs in Rajasthan
The opportunities of government jobs in the state can be traced in the following departments:-
- University of Rajasthan
- Rajasthan State Mines & Minerals Limited (RSMML)
- Rajasthan Development Authority
- Sales Tax and Civil Supplies
- Hindustan Salts Limited (Central Government Public Sector Undertaking)
- Information Bureau of Rajasthan
Government jobs in Rajasthan- Salaries
Let us have a glimpse of the current salaries up for the grabs in the various government bodies in Rajasthan. Some of the job vacancies, featuring salaries might have expired as well but are nonetheless mentioned here to help you form an idea of the approximate remuneration from major profiles:
*Please remember that site does not vouch for the authenticity of the aforementioned job posts.
- Associate Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Rajasthan (Jodhpur) with Pay Scale of INR 42,800 in PB 4: INR 37,400 – 67,000
- Junior Research Fellow at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani with a Pay Scale of INR 16,000
- Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Rajasthan (Jodhpur) with Pay Scale of INR 30,000 in Pay Band 3: INR 15,600 – 39,100
- Pathologist at National Institute of Ayurveda or NIA, Jaipur with proposed Pay Scale of INR 15,600-39,100
- Customer Relations Assistant at JMRC or Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. with a Pay Scale of INR 19212
- Technical Helper at Jaipur-DISCOM with remuneration of INR 5,200-20,200
- Assistant Professor at Central University of Rajasthan with Pay scale of INR 15,600 – 39,100 and AGP 6,000 as well
- Train Operator or Station Controller at JMRC or Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation Ltd with Pay Scale of INR 21500
- Radiologist at National Institute of Ayurveda or NIA, Jaipur with proposed Pay Scale of INR 15,600-39,100
- Officers at Rajasthan Public Service Commission with salaries ranging from INR 9,300 – INR 34,800
- Junior Engineer at JMRC or Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation Ltd with proposed remuneration of INR 21500
How can you keep track of Job vacancies in the Rajasthan Government departments?
It would be advisable to keep a regular track of the notifications regarding examinations related to government jobs and vacancies from time to time, since the frequency in which they appear may lead you to miss one or two of them if you act otherwise. You can check out the Rojgar Sandesh from time to time or the various websites for the above purpose:-
- Government of Rajasthan’s Employment Department Website
- Rajasthan Public Service Commission Website’s Notification Page
Major Government Departments in Rajasthan
The notifications for job openings in the Rajasthan government sector are usually published in the employment newspaper or in the local dailies and national newspapers. Some of the departments where you can look for job opportunities are as follows:
Women and Child Development
Water Resources Department
Tribal Area Development Department
State Insurance and Provident Fund Department
Watershed Development and Soil Conservation Department
State Election Commission Department
Soldier Welfare Department
Administrative Reforms Department
Animal Husbandry Department
Board of Revenue
Bureau of Public Enterprises
Department of College Education
Employee State Insurance Department
Commercial Taxes Department
Evaluation Organization Department
Disaster Management and Relief Department
Current Government job openings in Rajasthan
Some of the current government job openings in Rajasthan are as follows:
Rajasthan Gramin Bank: The bank invites applications for different clerical and officer positions. The age limit set is different for different positions. For instance, those within the age group of 18 to 28 years can apply for the post of office assistants and Scale I officers while the age limit set for Scale II officers is 21-32 years.
IIT Rajasthan: As of now, there isjobfor the positions like contractual assistant professor, assistant professor and associate professor. Those with a doctoral degree (the specialization may vary depending on the department) can apply for the aforementioned positions.
Rajasthan Public Service Commission: This department invites job applications for various profiles including agricultural officer, assistant research officer, assistant agriculture research officer, as well as inspectors of factories and boilers.
Last Updated: 26/11/12