Air hostess as a career has always been a premium choice in India. One is given to believe that air hostess job carry a very impressive salary, return a glaring lifestyle and and a pleasant and smiling work day. The job is more enjoying for people who love traveling. No doubt, an angel of the sky can grab better paycheck if she is able to make the cut in the international circuit. However, the remuneration of domestic air hostesses is not to be belittled either. As you scroll further down the article, you will come across detailed information about Air hostess salary in India, based on a host of factors like experience, corresponding cities etc.
Salaries and Benefits for an Air Hostess
An air-hostess in an international aviation major can earn a starting salary of minimum Rs.60,000 to 100,000. Apart from this there are many non monitory benefits like training, career development opportunities and pleasant work environment.
However, as mentioned earlier the airhostesses in domestic sphere are entitled to handsome pay and perks. Just to give a hint, the starting salary itself might be as high as INR 25,000 – INR 40,000 a month which is better than many other jobs available for the same qualification. Here you can get to know how their average salaries stand.
Domestic flight Air hostess salaries vary according to various factors like number of years experience they carry, presentable appearance, communication, positive attitude, etc. Still there is difference in pay checks between a executive airliner and low cost airline company. The table below gives an overall idea about starting salary in various domestic airline companies in India.
|Airline Company||Monthly Salary|
In Flight and Ground Service Salaries According to Job Title
Domestic Airline In-flight and ground salaries according to job title also vary. Have a look at the average salary range prevailing for service staff with 0-2 years of experience in domestic airline market in India across airlines.
|Job Category||Annual Salary|
|Flight Attendant||Rs.480,000 to 675,000|
|Senior Air Hostess||Rs.550,000 to 825,000|
|Ground Attendant||Rs.504,000 to 735,000|
|Cabin Crew||Rs.504,000 to 702,000|
|Customer Service Agent||Rs.360,000 to 432,000|
Other Benefits for Air Hostess/Cabin Crew
As a fresher gains experience in the industry she is not only rewarded with the amazing opportunity to add to her traveling experience, but also with higher salary ranges:Flight Attendant Salaries Based on Experience. Salary may also vary based on cities and the corresponding costs of living.Perks and Benefits for Air Hostess:Asides from the great salaries, the air hostesses are entitled to equally impressive benefits. Listed below are some of the benefits usually enjoyed by them:
- Subsidized traveling (for family as well), including air tickets, car rental, accommodation, cruises
- 13-17 off days per month
- Retirement benefits
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Kit Allowance
- Added benefits of being a part of high profile parties
*Salaries and benefits are subject to change and may vary with different companies
Duties of an Air hostess
- Welcoming passengers on board
- Help them finding their seats
- Arrangement of hand baggage
- Making Important Announcements
- Intimating passengers about safety procedures
Required Education and Eligibility to Become Air HostessIt is always advisable to at least complete your graduation before joining the Aviation industry as an air hostess. You can undergo the necessary training courses imparted by leading institutions like Frankfinn, Air Hostess Academy etc to get hands on experience of the job. The other essentials to be an airhostess include
- Good communication skills
- Average height for at least 5’2 inches
- Fitness (proved medically)
- Swimming skills
How to become an Air Hostess
To become an Airhostess one needs to take training from an aviation/ hospitality academy. There are numerous aviation and hospitality training institutes in various cities of India, of which some are good, some are bad. A candidate who seeking a real career in aviation industry should be cautious while selecting a training institute and course.
Airhostess/Cabin Crew Qualification
- Eligibility: Graduate/ 12th Standard Pass
- Age: 17-25 years
- Height: Minimum 155 cm for girls, 164 cm for boys.
- It is a general rule that candidate should be fair complexioned and unmarried.
Air Hostess Training Course Content:
Various Air Hostess Training Institutes in India have included in their course content subjects like aviation management, cabin crew training, airport management, computerized ticket reservation system, money changing, car rental, passenger insurance, airline customer service, ground handling, flight dispatch, in-flight management, hospitality and catering, etc.
Training also include some other non academic skills development like grooming and personality development, effective communication, announcement, security awareness, first aid and swimming.
Courses should comply the following International standards:
- IATA/UFTAA International Travel & Tourism Training Program
- IATA/FIATA International Cargo Agent Training Program
- IATA Aviation Distance Learning program
Director General of Civil Aviation norms
Courses: Airhostess Institutes offer 3-4 years undergraduate degree programmes to to 6 month long certificate programmes. Some are listed below:
- B.Sc Aviation & Hospitality Management
- B.Sc in Airhostess Training
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- Diploma Courses in:
– Air Hostess Training -2 year
– Aviation and Hospitality Management-2 year
– Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management-1 year
– Global Aviation and Hospitality Management-1 year
- Certificate Course in:
– Aviation Management
– Air Hostess/Flight Purser Training
– Aviation and Hospitality Services
– Night Rating
– Aviation Hospitality & Travel Management
– Hospitality Travel and Customer Service
– International Airlines and Travel Management