Since the last decade, there has been increased requirement for luxury accommodation, shopping malls, renovations, alterations, and uniquely designed buildings. So, a profession in architecture is very rewarding nowadays. Architect salary in India offered to well experienced incumbents by different private organizations is depending on the productivity and value addition to its revenue as well as brand. Whereas in government organizations these salaries for architects is based on government pay scales.
Some of the benefits of choosing an architectural career are:
- Respectable career
- High scope of opportunities and remuneration abroad
- Freedom to start own consultancy
Average Salary of An Architect
|Designation||Average Salary (per month)||Minimum Salary (per month)||Maximum Salary (per month)|
|Junior Architect||₹ 23,000||₹ 15,000||₹ 35,000|
|Senior Executive||₹ 75,000||₹ 36,000||₹ 1,25,000|
|Manager||₹ 1,00,000||₹ 75,000||₹ 1,70,000|
|Senior Manager||₹ 1,45,000||₹ 1,02,500||₹ 2,30,500|
- The average salaries head steadily northwards with the growing experience at Aon:
- The percentage of males for architectural jobs in India is 63.
- The percentage of females for architectural jobs in India is 37.
- The average monthly salary range for female architects at their mid-career in India – ₹ 54166 to ₹ 112500.
- The average salary range for male architects at their mid-career in India – ₹ 745200 to ₹ 125500
Top Architectural Firms in India
- Architect Hafeez Contractor
- Sanon Sen & Associates (S&S)
- SPAN Consultants Private Limited
- C. P. Kukreja Associates
- Prem Nath & Associates
- SEMAC Private Limited
- OCI Architects
Architect Salary by Degree
Students can pursue the bachelor s degree in architecture after completion of senior secondary examination, with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects. Eligible students need to qualify in AIEEE or equivalent examinations, for getting admission in architectural institutes. After completion of B.Arch (a 5-year course), students can either opt for M.Arch (a 2-year post graduation course) or get employment in various government and private sectors.
|Degree||Salary Range (per year)|
|Bachelor’s Degree||₹ 1.60 Lakhs to ₹ 10.03 Lakhs|
|Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)||₹ 1.60 Lakhs to ₹ 10.30 Lakhs|
|Master of Architecture (M.Arch)||₹ 4.60 Lakhs to ₹ 16.60 Lakhs|
Opportunity in Architect Industry
As per the subject of specialization and years of experience, an architect has different designations, architecture designer, architect, architecture engineer, interior designer, and consultant. There is immense growth opportunity for an architect. Some of the government organizations recruiting architects are :
- The Archaeological Department
- Public Works Department
- National Building Organization
- Ministry of Defense
- Town and Country Planning Organization
- Departments of Railways
- National Institute of Urban Affairs
- Public Sector Undertakings
- Post and Telegraphs
- National Building Construction Corporation Ltd.
- Housing and Urban Development Corporation