With increasing numbers of patients with skin diseases, a career as a dermatologist proves to be quite rewarding. In private hospitals of India?, the salary of a dermatologist is also quite well paid. Other than the salary, these skin specialists also receive bonus, compensation, and profit-sharing contribution as employed dermatologists.
Brief Overview of a Dermatologist’s Job
The job of a dermatologist involves treating patients suffering from skin diseases. The job includes treatment of skin, hair and nails. The dermatologists also offer treatment for diseases like psoriasis, eczema, warts, allergic rashes, acne, itching, and skin cancer. Over the last few decades, the work of a dermatologist has changed as per the patientsâ€™ requirements. The work does not only mean healing someone of a skin disease, but also involves usage of cosmetic treatment like laser dermatology, Botox injections, fillers, and chemical peels.
Quick Facts about the Jobs of Dermatologists
- According to a survey report submitted in the year 2011 by the Mediscape Dermatologist News (US), it was witnessed that the dermatologists were one of the very few who were holding a steady income during the time of economic change and uncertainty. In the US, the median income range of dermatologists is $290,000 to $500,000.
- According to a survey report by payscale.com, the annual median income of male dermatologists in India is INR 11,250,000, whereas the annual median earning of female dermatologists is INR 8,000,000.
Top Dermatology Hospitals in India
Some of the leading hospitals in India recruiting dermatologists are as follows:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Department of Dermatology, Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences
- Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
- Department of Dermatology & Venereology, Delhi University
- Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib C Eye Institute Super Specialty Hospital – Dermatologist & Venereologist
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Bombay Hospital, Mumbai
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
<li>Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai
Average Salary of Dermatologists According to Hospital
The average salary offered to dermatologists in India as per the size of the health institute is as follows:
|Size of the Hospital (Number of employees)||Average Salary (per year)|
|50 to 199 employees||INR 1 915 920|
Average Salary of Dermatologists According to Experience:
The average salaries of dermatologists in India as per years of experience are as follows:
|Years of Experience||Average Salary (per year)|
|1 year to 4 years||INR 600 000|
|5 years to 9 years||INR 650 000|
Average Salary of Dermatologists in Cities of India:
The average salaries of dermatologists in India as per different cities in India are as follows:
|Name of the City||Average Salary (per year)|
|Bangalore Karnataka||INR 240 000|
|New Delhi Delhi||INR 600 000|
Average Salary of Dermatologists in States of India:
The average salaries of dermatologists in India as per different states in India are as follows:
|Name of the State||Average Salary (per year)|
|Karnataka||INR 240 000|
|Delhi||INR 610 419|
Career Growth and Opportunity of Dermatologist in India and Abroad
The growth opportunity for a dermatologist is directly proportional to his or her skills, enhanced and updated knowledge and years of experience. Apart from a government job, dermatologists also earn a rewarding amount through private practice and cosmetic treatment. There is also ample growth opportunity for a dermatologist outside the country. According to the HR Reported data of April 2012, the median salary of a dermatologist in the US is $279,056.