Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited or MTNL is a public sector organization that has acquired the Navratna status from the Indian Government. It deals mainly into digital television, wireless broadband services etc. Headquartered in New Delhi the company offers promising job prospects for both graduates and post graduate candidates in a range of posts including in marketing and management. Listed below is a gist of salaries offered here.
The annual average salaries at MTNL range from INR 3378, 000- INR 730,000 per year. Here is a gist of what hopefuls can expect as salaries in different posts:
Management Trainee Salaries
- Senior Management at E5 level (Marketing) INR 29100- 54500 along with HRA or Housing Rent Allowance
- Senior Management at E5 level (Telecom) INR 29100- 54500 along with HRA or Housing Rent Allowance
Salaries Meant for General Manager Jobs at MTNL
- Deputy General Manager with B.E or BTech in Telecommunication or Electronic or IT or Computer or corresponding degree from an Indian Institute that is recognized by the State or the Central Government within 47 years of age can earn something around INR 36600-INR 620000
- Candidates vying for the General Manager Posts within 57 years might expect to earn something around INR 62000- 80000; however he must have the following qualification:
- B.E or BTech in Telecommunication or Electronic or IT or Computer corresponding degreeï»¿ from an Indian Institute that recognized by the State or the Central Government
Generally the experience sought for Managerial posts stand like this:
Those applying for the Deputy General Manager Post should have Telecom experience spanning 10 or more years and that too at the Group A or Executive post. Out of this at least 4 years of experience should be at CDA pay scale of INR 15600- 39100 with Grade Pay 6600 in Pay Band 3 or E5 IDA scale of INR 32900-58000
Those applying for the General Manager Post should have Telecom experience spanning 17 or more years. Out of this at least 5 years of experience should be at CDA pay scale of INR 37400- 67000 with Grade Pay 8700 in Pay Band or E7 IDA scale of INR 43200-66000. They also can have substantial experience at E 6 level (INR 36600- 62000) or the CDA scale of INR 15600- 39100 with grade pay of INR 7600 in Pay Band 3.
The total amount of bonus varies from INR 8000-17500 while the provision of pension and promotional avenues are also there.
*Relevant information has been sourced from past and previous job posts and payscale.com. It is subject to change with time.