“Average Administrative Assistant salary in Indian corporate organizations range from Rs.10,000 to 19,000 at the entry level. For the similar designation of Administrative Clerk in government and semi government organizations the pay scale will be Rs.5200-20200 with Grade pay Rs.2000/ 2200/ 2400 and the total pay in the wake of 7th Pay Commission would range from Rs.21700 to 25500 in addition to eligible HRA. In India’s Navaratna and Maha Ratna public sector corporations an Administrative Assistant can earn up to Rs.52,000 per month.”
One of the most important parts of any organization, private or public, is its administration, as it not only looks after the external responsibilities and clientele of an organization but also takes care of all the internal functions, working and employees of the company. The Assistant to the Administration becomes a very responsible designation in a company, which requires a keen eye as to what the organization needs in terms of manpower and resources.
Some popular Administrative Assistant Salaries:
|DTDC Courier & Cargo Ltd. salaries||Rs 396000 – Rs 427000|
|Apollo Tyres Limited salaries||Rs 297000 – Rs 323000|
|Godrej Boyce Mfg Co. salaries||Rs 272000 – Rs 505000|
|Hindustan Unilever Limited salaries||Rs 646000 – Rs 698000|
|Lupin Limited salaries||Rs 431000 – Rs 466000|
|Hero Motocorp Limited salaries||Rs 372000 – Rs 526000|
The post of an Administrative Assistant is not only another name for responsibilities and work efficiency, but it also enjoys a lot of perks and benefits including handsome salary packages. With all this the job offers an amazing platform for the candidates to learn a great deal about an organization and the industry that it is associated with.
Some popular industries that hire Administrative Assistants are:
- Healthcare Sector
- Education Sector/ Colleges / Universities
- Manufacturing and Distribution Sectors
- Construction Sectors
- Corporate Sectors
The job responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant:
- Taking care of all the requirements of the organization, like resources.
- Coordinating between various units and departments of the organization.
- Organization of meetings, seminars and other events with internal members as well as external parties.
- Taking care of the mails and other packages.
- Taking care of the business correspondences.
- Updating the company’s profile for clients, customers, and employees.
- Research regarding the latest deals and proposals of the organization.
Some popular International employers for Administrative Assistant jobs:
- DaVita Inc.
- Kohl’s Department Stores Inc.
- Sodexo’ Inc.
- Bank of America Corporation.
- Macy’s Inc.
- World Health Organization
- Wipro Enterprises
Salary for Administrative Assistant:
The job of an Administrative Assistant enjoys as much perks as it demands attention. It has some brilliant figures in its salary and one can explore the huge world it offers, and climb towards growth.
Some popular qualifications that are required for the post of Administrative Assistants are:
- B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
- B.A (Bachelor of Arts)
- Masters Degree
- Senior Secondary/Higher Secondary
- Diploma in Secretarial Practice
- MBA, Administration
Benefits and Perks of Administrative Assistant:
An employee, working on the post of an Administrative Assistant enjoys a lot of perks in a company, along with a brilliant pay package, take a look:
- A wide scope of learning
- Responsibilities in diverse areas.
- Interaction with national as well as international clientele.
- Respect from other departments of the organization.
- Medical and health insurance benefits.
Interview Criterion for the Administrative Assistant jobs:
The designation of such huge responsibilities needs to be filled with acute observation and a proper recruitment system. Many companies follow a rigid system of interviewing the aspiring candidates, going through which a person can get a satisfying job in a reputed firm.
- The first round of the interview would be a telephonic conversation, to test the basic communication skills and qualification of a person.
- The second round would be a skills test by the HR panel.
- The third round would be a basic technical round, through which your technical skills would be tested.
- The fourth round would be a personal interaction with the head of the Administration department.