No successful business is possible without an effective and articulate management team, therefore IIMs are created, to train leaders for growing business. Now workstations headed with combative managers who explore, understand, analyse and infiltrate bring business to the company from the stiffly competitive market. Graduates from Indian Institutes of Management in India draw the highest salary packages leaving far behind their trailing counterparts from other institutes.
There are thirteen IIMs across the country, of which four are internationally acclaimed business schools and others are striving to stretch the flag towards perfection. IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta and IIM Lucknow are the four most reputed management institutes whose students get the highest salary on placement offers. The entire list of IIMs in India are as listed below:
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad-IIM-A
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore-IIM-B
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta-IIM-C
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow-IIM
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore-IIM
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi
- Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli
- Indian Institute of Management, Kashipur
- Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak
- Indian Institute of Management, Shillong
- Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur
- Indian Institute of Management, Raipur
Among the 13 IIMs in the country, IIM Ahmedabad has been the most desirous and toughest target for the aspiring students. It is one of the first IIMs to be established in 1961, under the initiative of the then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru. It is not only a recognized name from the education point of view, but it also ensures brilliant future prospects for its students. Numerous job opportunities in private and government sectors, with good salary packages and brilliant remunerations, all these benefits make IIM Ahmedabad a huge hit among students.
Salary Ranges for an IIM Alumnus on the basis of various factors:
After earning a Management diploma from IIM Ahmedabad, you don’t have to worry about a job, as many reputed institutions are willing to hire people with IIM diplomas.
Now the pay packages are huge for an IIM pass out, but depending on various factors such as, his particular specialization, marks, designation, state, and last but not the least, his own potential, the salary ranges are diversely constructed. Have a look.
Salary ranges for IIM- Ahmedabad Alumni:
Ranges by popular Job Designation:
|Project Manager, Information Technology||INR 5.9 lakh to INR 24 lakh|
|Business Process / Management Consultant||INR 3.04 lakh to INR 18 lakh|
|Management Consultant||INR 8 lakh to INR 21 lakh|
|Chief Executive Officer||INR 20 lakh to INR 81 lakh|
|Marketing Manager||INR 4.6 lakh to INR 18.5 lakh|
Ranges by Popular Diploma Programmes:
|Diploma Programme||Salary Range|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||INR 6.2 lakh to INR 39 lakh|
|Bachelor's Degree||INR 5.8 lakh to INR 29 lakh|
|Master of Business Administration Finance||INR 7.2 lakh to INR 3.9 lakh|
|MBA in Marketing/ Management||INR 7.5 lakh to INR 24 lakh|
|MBA General||INR 4.6 lakh to INR 18.5 lakh|
|Doctorate (Ph D)||INR 13.1 lakh to INR 40 lakh|
|Post Graduate Diploma Finance||INR 6 lakh to INR 49 lakh|
Ranges by Popular Companies:
|HSBC||INR 9.4 lakh to INR 39 lakh|
|ICICI Bank Ltd.||INR 8.1 lakh to INR 13 lakh|
|International Business Machines (IBM) Corp||INR 5.3 lakh to INR 12 lakh|
|PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)||INR 12 lakh to INR 16 lakh|
|IBM Global Services||INR 5 lakh to INR 14.5 lakh|
|Infosys Limited||INR 8.1 lakh to INR 49 lakh|
|Accenture||INR 6.6 lakh to INR 15 lakh|
|HCL Technologies Limited||INR 11 lakh to INR 29 lakh|
|Wipro Technologies Limited||INR 9.3 lakh to INR 14.1 lakh|
|Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp.||INR 9.2 lakh to INR 15 lakh|
Ranges by Popular Cities:
|Bangalore||INR 5.2 lakh to INR 30 lakh|
|Mumbai||INR 8.1 lakh INR 45 lakh|
|Delhi||INR 5.8 lakh INR 25 lakh|
|Hyderabad||INR 8.2 lakh INR 29 lakh|
Ranges by Gender
- The average percentage of female alumni from IIMs : 7%, and the salary range is Rs 658,906 – Rs 1,728,571.
- The average percentage of male alumni from IIMs : 93%, and the salary range for them is Rs 967,259 – Rs 2,341,634.
These are some popular salary ranges that an IIM Alumnus is offered after graduating from IIM Ahmedabad. You can also take a look at the popular diploma programmes that the Institute offers to an aspirant to study, opening prospects for him or her. Take a look:
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) – Two year, full time Programme
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) – Doctoral Programme
- Post Graduate Program in Agri-Business Management (PGPABM) – Two year, full time Programme
- Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives (PGPX) – One year, full time Programme
- Post Graduate Program in Public Management and Policy (PGPPMP) – One year, full time Programme for working professionals, having an experience of about 7 years.
- Faculty Development Program (FDM) – Course for teachers, trainers and researchers in Human Resource Management.
These attractive salary packages and attractive courses make the IIM Ahmedabad, an amazing option for the budding management aspirants. And with the Institute’s 78th world ranking, among best B Schools, according to The Economist, it is one of the best options for students in India and abroad.