The Indian Space Research Organization established with a view to improve upon space technology and its application to national tasks, has had quite a few notable space programs to its credit including the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, Indian Remote Sensing satellite operation etc. Scientists here are employed at different centers including:
- Architecture Department
- Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR
- ISRO Satellite Centre
- Space Application Centre
- Regional Remote Sensing Centres, East, North, Central, West, South
Average Salary Package for ISRO Scientists:
Here is a glimpse of the approximate salaries earned by scientists at the Indian Space Research Organization:
|Scientists||Annual Average Salaries|
|Engineer or Scientist SC||₹ 400,000 – ₹ 700,00 with an annual average of ₹ 560,000|
|Engineer or Scientist SC – Intern||₹ 19,000 – ₹ 21,000 monthly|
|Scientist SC||₹ 466,000 – ₹ 506,000|
|Scientists SD||₹ 700,000 – ₹ 750,000 with an annual average of 730,000|
|Scientist||₹ 33,000 – ₹ 37,000 monthly|
Know More About the Salary in ISRO
Scientists are primarily employed under the “SC” and “SD” grades depending on their academic qualifications. Both of them are in the Pay Band 3 INR 15600-39100, while the SC scientists are entitled to Grade Pay of INR 5400, the SD scientists earn INR 6600 as Grade Pay.
Salary Package based on Job Posts by ISRO for its Different Centers
- Scientific Assistant at Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR (on temporary basis) (with a first class in B.SC with Mathematics and Computer Science with Grade Pay of INR 4600 and Pay Band INR 9300-34800 with gross emolument standing at INR 29,481
- Scientific Assistant at Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR (on temporary basis) (Reservation- SC) (Library Science) with Grade Pay of INR 4600 and Pay Band INR 9300-34800 with gross emolument standing at INR 29,481
- Scientific Assistant at Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR (on temporary basis) (on temporary basis) (with a first class in B.SC with Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics with Grade Pay of INR 4600 and Pay Band INR 9300-34800 with gross emolument standing at INR 29,481
Benefits at ISRO
The Indian Space Research Organization has a range of comprehensive benefits and perks designed for its employees. You might as well come across some of these benefits when you go through relevant job posts from time to time:
- Group Insurance
- Subsidized Canteen
- Housing Facility if the candidate does not avail the HRA allowance
- Leave Travel Concession
- Free Transport if the candidate does not avail the transport allowance
- Medical benefits for self and family (dependents)
- New Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (it is particularly mentioned in some of vacancies)
How to Qualify as a Scientist at Indian Space Research Organization?
After completing your B.Tech or B.E in Computer Science, or Electronics or Mechanical Science you will have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the Indian Space Research Organization and the upper age limit to appear for the same is 35.
*Salaries are subject to change with time and without prior notice.