There is a decent scope for male nurses in the government departments. India as a nation has woken up to male nursing as a profession that should be taken seriously considering the acute shortage of nurses here. Both the public and private health sectors have realized the need and are willing to throw the doors open for aspirants who are passionate about this job. Let us learn more about the best government jobs available for male nurses.
Male nurses are appointed at various government institutions like Railways, government hospitals, medical and health department of various states, government clinics etc.
How will you look for jobs in the government department?
- The best way here is to consult newspapers
- You can also look up the naukrihub.com and Sarkari Naukri sites on the internet to find out about the current job openings for male nurses
- You can also keep a track of job vacancies at the different government welfare organizations like blood donation camps, polio camps etc
Male Nursing in Government Departments: Some Facts
Though you will come across various sites urging you to join the Indian Army or for that matter the defence as a male nurse, please be a little discreet and ascertain if there is any chance for that or not. As per various sources the scope of male nursing is very limited or nothing in the Indian Military Services, owing to which several questions have been raised time and again.
The Indian Railways have consistently posted lucrative job offers for trained male nurses with added benefits of free food and needless to mention traveling on an AC coach. As a trained nurse on board you will have the following duties to perform, with requirements changing from time to time:
- Working as per Railways Schedule
- Taking a round of trips on board for at least 3-4 days a week
- To attend to passengers who have suddenly fallen sick or are ailing
- Assisting Consulting Doctor while treating suffering patients
- Maintaining record of diagnosis by Consulting Doctor
- Management of on board medical facilities
- Keeping in contact Train Conductor or Train Superintendent or any official (as laid down by the authorities) for immediate actions to be taken for a sick passenger
- Dispensing medicines to the place (as laid down by the authorities)
Some of the government jobs (medical) (posted in 2012):
- Directorate of Health Services, Port Blair
- Directorate of Medical and Health Services, Daman
- Nursing Assistants or Staff Nurses for NIT Calicut
- MP State government various departments