Case Studies try to simulate decision making situation that trainees may find at their work place. It reflects the situations and complex problems faced by managers, staff, HR, CEO, etc. The objective of the case study method is to get trainees to apply known concepts and ideologies and ascertain new ones. The case study method emphasize on approach to see a particular problem rather than a solution. Their solutions are not as important as the understanding of advantages and disadvantages.
Procedure of the Case Study Method
Case Study method focuses on:
- Building decision making skills
- Assessing and developing Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes (KSAs)
- Developing communication and interpersonal skills
- Developing management skills
- Developing procedural and strategic knowledge