The design of the training program can be undertaken only when a clear training objective has been produced. The training objective clears what goal has to be achieved by the end of training program i.e. what the trainees are expected to be able to do at the end of their training. Training objectives assist trainers to design the training program.
The trainer Before starting a training program, a trainer analyzes his technical, interpersonal, judgmental skills in order to deliver quality content to trainers.
The trainees A good training design requires close scrutiny of the trainees and their profiles. Age, experience, needs and expectations of the trainees are some of the important factors that affect training design.
Training climate A good training climate comprises of ambience, tone, feelings, positive perception for training program, etc. Therefore, when the climate is favorable nothing goes wrong but when the climate is unfavorable, almost everything goes wrong.
Trainees’learning style the learning style, age, experience, educational background of trainees must be kept in mind in order to get the right pitch to the design of the program.
Training strategies Once the training objective has been identified, the trainer translates it into specific training areas and modules. The trainer prepares the priority list of about what must be included, what could be included.
Training topics After formulating a strategy, trainer decides upon the content to be delivered. Trainers break the content into headings, topics, ad modules. These topics and modules are then classified into information, knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
Sequence the contents Contents are then sequenced in a following manner:
- From simple to complex
- Topics are arranged in terms of their relative importance
- From known to unknown
- From specific to general
- Dependent relationship
Training tactics Once the objectives and the strategy of the training program becomes clear, trainer comes in the position to select most appropriate tactics or methods or techniques. The method selection depends on the following factors:
- Trainees’ background
- Time allocated
- Style preference of trainer
- Level of competence of trainer
- Availability of facilities and resources, etc
Support facilities It can be segregated into printed and audio visual. The various requirements in a training program are white boards, flip charts, markers, etc.
Constraints The various constraints that lay in the trainers mind are:
- Accommodation, facilities and their availability
- Furnishings and equipments
- Design of the training, etc
- Training and Development system in Retail/FMCG sector
- Training and Development system in Banking/Insurance Sector
- Training and Development System in Automobile Sector
- Training and Development system in Telecom sector
- Training and Development system in KPO
- Training and Development system in Pharmaceutical sector
- Training and Development system in Hospitality sector
- Training and Development system in IT Sector
- Training and Development System in BPO